One week in and what have we learned?
1) The rumors of Vernon Wells' demise have been greatly exaggerated.
2) An ace-less, patchwork pitching staff can beat mediocre to above average opposition.
3) Jason Frasor is going to give me heart palpatations with his penchant for lead off doubles and/or walks.
4) Soft tossing lefties with straight, 82 mph changeups can baffle teams BESIDES the Blue Jays.
5) There is some heart in this team as many of the wins in this modest streak are of the come from behind variety (something we haven't seen much of in the past couple of years).
6) Losing Aaron Hill for a few games won't necessarily kill the team's chances.
7) Lyle Overbay's moustache is either a lost bet or something designed to throw off the concentration of the cather and the pitcher.
8) Money hasn't changed Adam Lind.
9) Shawn Marcum looks none the worse for wear after the surgery.
10) The Halladay trade isn't looking that good for us right now.